We just made a couple of large updates to our site that will allow you to easily browse MLS listings for rentals in Ottawa. We launched a few new pages for different types of rentals allowing you to see current Ottawa apartments for rent, houses for rent, townhouses for rent and commercial property rentals. In addition to these pages, we wanted to give you a quick tutorial on how to further customize your search if you are looking for rental property in Ottawa.
It's actually quite easy. You'll want to visit our advanced search page where you will be able to enter your search criteria on the right hand side. A couple of tips, when doing so:
- Use the polygon search to only show properties in a specific area. Click here for a quick tutorial on how this works in case you are having trouble.
- Under "property type" choose Residential or Commercial, depending on what you are looking for
- If you are looking for residential, you may narrow your search even further by choosing a property sub type. such as "Single Family - House", "Single Family - Apartment" or "Single Family - Row/Townhouse". You can choose multiple selections here.
- If you are searching for a residential property, you may also want to enter the minimum number of bedrooms or bathrooms
- Lastly, make sure at the bottom in the "listing status" section you uncheck "For Sale" and check off "For Rent" (pictured below).
That's it! Hit the big red "refine search" button and all the listings matching your criteria will show.
Our site pulls Ottawa rentals from the MLS and is updated on a daily basis, so if you don't notice anything right away, check back again. We recommend you register and save your search so you don't have to spend time filling out the search form each time you want to check to see if there are any new listings. Once your search is saved you may also have email alerts sent to you to notify you if new rentals matching your criteria come on the market.